The Lost Research Paper

Towards the end of my tenure at the US Geological Survey, I was the project manager and principal investigator of Restoration of Data from Lossy Compression.  The goal of the project was to find ways to restore fine detail that was lost during lossy compression processes such as JPEG.  I had submitted an Open File report through the review process, but left the USGS in 2006 before the paper had completed review.  As I had left, it basically fell through the cracks and was never officially published.

I had forgotten about it until recently when I was updating my resume.  So, without further ado, I have put the paper here.  I took out the USGS logo and what not since it was never officially published by them.  So for a flashback into what I was doing in 2006, have fun reading it 🙂